Summary of Functions
The process excellence lead serves as a corporate process improvement project leader who provides direct project leadership and expertise in process management and process improvement techniques and is accountable for delivering process improvement results with appropriate controls in place so that corporate leaders can sustain results. This position provides assistance, training and consultation expertise to all levels in support of the corporate strategic initiatives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads multiple, concurrent process improvement projects that result in positive business results and measurable goal achievement toward Hubbell Realty Company’s strategic priorities.
- Effectively uses Lean process improvement methodologies and tools in an appropriate manner to complete process improvement projects.
- Facilitates business and process change throughout the organization in alignment with corporate strategy by applying appropriate change management tools and techniques.
- Provides valuable consultation to business leaders in order to help develop ideas for projects that meet defined goals for the business.
- Works with corporate leaders to determine project objectives and support for the project teams they lead to improve processes, providing “just in time” training and other process management support. Provides assistance, training and consultation to team leaders so that they can sustain project results.
- Directs project team members to develop project plans and meet project objectives and results for the division; facilitates project meetings and keeps projects on track.
- Submits to the Process Improvement Committee a professional development program with the goal of gaining more expertise in LEAN process management.
- Delivery of training and education on process improvement methodologies, tools, practices and concepts at the appropriate level to enable the business to expand its own process improvement capabilities.
- Assists with understanding customer expectations and initiating customer satisfaction improvement initiatives in partnership with customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in industrial engineering, business, finance or equivalent work experience (operational leadership, quality process improvement or project leadership) required.
- Two years’ minimum experience successfully running Lean events and/or other process improvement methodologies preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management, process improvement and problem-solving tools and principles, and other change management techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully driving projects to completion, using standard project management tools and techniques.
- Strong facilitation skills, including the ability to effectively organize and conduct meetings and working sessions with teams and leaders.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and abilities with a focus on math and statistics.
- PC knowledge, including the use of spreadsheets, process mapping project management, presentation, word processing and statistical analysis software preferably in a Microsoft environment.
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment or in a collaborative team environment.
- Effective interpersonal and group communication skills, including negotiation, ability to influence, strong presentation, motivational, change management and teaching skills.
- Solid understanding of corporate processes and ability to integrate improvement with the bigger picture.
Hubbell Realty Company and our affiliates are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability) and E-Verify Participants.