Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting the on-call schedule, the frequency of which is one week every six to eight weeks. However, this position is ultimately on call 24 hours per day, seven days a week.
- Works with property managers to manage/coordinate overall operations/maintenance of the entire portfolio.
- Supervises and provides direction to vendors and contractors.
- Initiates recommendations for appropriate operational policies and procedures as they relate to effective and efficient property operations including those for staff, contracted services, and contractors.
- Oversees inventory of tools and equipment.
- Directly responsible for maintaining a preventative maintenance program within the confines of annual budgets.
- Handles emergencies, major problems or issues of major consequence affecting the portfolio including fire, flash flooding, property damage, snow removal, and other tasks as necessary.
- Coordinates inspections and works with maintenance staff to ensure inspections are passed on initial inspection.
- Diagnoses maintenance and repair issues and performs maintenance and repair work in a timely and professional manner.
- Assures all service requests are completed. Accurately documents work performed on service requests, including parts and returns to senior property manager on a weekly basis. Follows up on completed and incomplete service requests to ensure satisfaction.
- Minimum five years’ experience in commercial property management emphasizing maintenance management including first-hand experience with capital construction and/or property maintenance.
- First Class Engineer’s license required.
- Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, Outlook required.
- Ability to perform maintenance and repairs including but not limited to lifting heavy objects, operating hand tools, climbing ladders, and kneeling to clean out drains.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Excellent organization skills with strong ability to multitask.
- Good negotiating and communication skills, ability to be proactive and react quickly when situations arise, and ability to converse with customers, clients and vendors.
- Valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and ability to travel to property sites while on call, during emergencies, or for regular inspections.