*$2,500.00 Signing Bonus Offered*
Summary of Functions
Performs highly skilled apartment repairs and make readies at various communities. Timely work order service, quality make-ready program, and cost-effective inventory control of the property. Responsible for maintaining the physical condition and appearance of the site. Required to be “on call” 24 hours within a rotation.
Hours of work: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Must be “on call” 24 hours per day, when scheduled, and available for overtime as needed for emergencies. Any overtime during any pay period must be approved by the regional manager or vice president of Hubbell Apartment Living.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports directly to the residential property manager, who has the primary authority to determine the exact “day to day” duties of the technician. This determination will take into consideration the technician’s skills, experience and career goals, and how they best fit into the operational needs of the property. Works with other site managers, leasing personnel, other maintenance staff, property managers, construction division, and maintenance staff from other properties.
- Diagnoses and performs minor and routine maintenance/repair in a timely and professional manner. Assures all service requests are completed on a daily basis. Accurately documents work performed on service requests, including parts and return to residential property manager by end of day. Follows up on completed and incomplete service requests to ensure resident satisfaction.
- Promotes good public relations with residents, co-workers, and company staff through great service-oriented attitude and resident trust. Always displays a friendly and courteous attitude towards residents and other employees.
- Inspects vacated apartments and completes make-ready checklist. Informs residential property manager of needed services and repairs. Routinely performs duties to restore apartments to make-ready status. Re-inspects vacant apartments after make-ready checklist has been completed to determine quality of work performed. Ensures adequate number of make-ready units are available and that the products are up to company standards. Coordinates status of make-ready units with leasing staff and residential property manager.
- Inspects exterior of the property daily. Performs building and common area upkeep on a daily basis in accordance with company standards. Responsible for keeping grounds neat and free of litter, pulling and spraying weeds, and maintaining neat and orderly curb appeal.
- Ensures vacant units are market-ready units within 5 business day. Ensures vacant units are “trashed out” within 24 hours of move out, and all make readies are completed as quickly as possible based on the business needs and manager’s discretion.
- Completes preventative maintenance. Helps maintain accurate records and provides resident training as required.
- Assists in ordering parts and supplies and maintains inventory, utilizing inventory system. Maintains shop appearance to standards to facilitate quick assessment of supply inventory. Maintains proper equipment and equipment inventory to ensure warranty compliance. Ensures best pricing and value on all supplies purchased.
- Assists property manager in obtaining bids and negotiates prices as necessary with vendors and contractors. Coordinates delivery and work schedules with vendors, contractors and residential property manager.
- Performs effective emergency maintenance (after hours) as required.
- Coordinates maintenance objectives with the residential property manager daily.
- Performs and reports on, all work according to the safety standards of the company, OSHA and health codes. Performs work and cleanup on a weekly basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or trade school diploma required.
- General apartment maintenance experience including knowledge of appliance repair, light carpentry, plumbing and electrical.
- Knowledge of safety procedures; must be safety conscious, steady and dependable.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work flex schedule to accommodate after hour and weekend emergencies.
- Physical Requirements: Extensive mobility and excellent physical condition. Ability to lift 100 lbs. necessary for installation and removal of appliances. Ability to operate all necessary hand tools to make repairs. Ability to kneel, crouch, climb, crawl, etc. to reach items in need of repairs. Ability to drive to and from job sites. Tolerance to all extremes of hot and cold weather, as may be necessary.
- Tools: Must provide own basic tools, or be willing to obtain the required hand tools pertinent to this position.
- Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following:
- Hand tools: Various wrenches, screwdrivers, sledge hammer, hammer, snips, saws, plier basics, etc.
- Power Tools: Wrenches, grinder, sander, drill, saws, etc.
- User-moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, stepladders, full ladders, double ladders.
- Mechanical Equipment: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand-powered augers, etc.
- Measuring Devices: Voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, etc.
- Dress Code: Uniforms must be worn at all times. Five company provided logo shirts, short or long sleeved, will be provided along with hat/cap and jackets. Jeans are not permitted. Cargo/carpenter trousers must be navy, gray, or khaki in color. When seasonally appropriate shorts that adhere to the above guidelines will be allowed. Sensible brown or black closed toe shoes are required. No sandals permitted
- Must have dependable vehicle to transport tools and equipment to job sites. Must provide proof of liability insurance for same. Must possess a valid driver’s license and be bondable.
- Mobile phone with data plan is required.
Hubbell Realty Company and our affiliates are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability) and E-Verify Participants.