Work schedule is flexible but basic hours are Monday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with a one-hour unpaid lunch break. Potential to work up to 40 hours per week depending on requirements of the manager. Saturdays 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage prairie vegetation utilizing herbicides, manual removal and trimmer.
- Work alongside homeowner volunteers to engender sense of ownership, community and team mentality.
- Develop design themes and produce professional planting plans and specs for landscaping vendors.
- Work within a standard budget specific to each community type and meet all deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned
- Working toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree in landscape architecture, horticulture or equivalent experience in residential design, conservation/prairie or urban forestry.
- Ability to handle planting design and plant selection
- Strong customer relations and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must provide own gloves, sunscreen, hat, work boots, water and laptop as needed.
Hubbell Realty Company and our affiliates are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability) and E-Verify Participants.